Ad Teardown: Touchdown Celebrations to Come | NFL
This year's Super Bowl LII certainly made history, once again, and lots of headlines with a surprise ending. Many were brought together in celebration, while others were struck and left speechless. One thing is clear though, fans from every corner of the nation were filled with passion and emotion.
While fans pay attention to the nation's most important sporting event by the millions, companies, retailers and brands fight it off through advertising. There is no other event in the US that gathers so many eyes and glues people to their screens.
These year's ad picks were fantastic, but we decided to turn our eyes to the NFL and their throwback ad 'Touchdown Celebrations to Come'
Published: Feb 4, 2018
- We created a Campaign using NFL's YouTube video through the RefineAI Market Research platform.
- Once the Campaign was live, we shared the unique URL with a small portion of our global Panel—50 potential candidates in the US.
- Within just 2 hours, we reached results from 42 participants and concluded our test.
After watching the video, we asked each participant to rate the Story, Audio, and Visuals. The selections available include Didn't like it at all, Somewhat liked it and Really liked it. This allows us to easily measure the results and show them through the RefineAI Dashboard in an easy to read format. If any of these parameters ranked low, it allows the producer to focus on feedback related to the lowest ranking area.
Each participant was asked 2 simple questions:
- What do you like the most about the video? and
- What would you do differently?
In the past, we asked what they liked the most and the least, but we noticed that by asking in a different way, it yielded to more insightful responses and ultimately more actionable feedback for the video producer.
- Predominant emotion evoked: 😂 Joy at 70%
- Overall audience engagement: 👀 Eyegaze Tracking 86%
- Highest emotion intensity: 🌎 Hispanic or Latinx | Female | Joy at 96%
Video market testing as a service.
Gather actionable feedback for your videos in minutes.
Do you have a good use case for RefineAI? Leave a comment below or drop us a line. Don't forget to share!